Friday, May 22, 2009

Like a panda

Hi there.
Thanks so very much for the supportive comments, virtual (and real) hugs. I have gone back to read and re-read them a number of times.

I may not have a whole slew of readers, but the ones I have are superstars!

So thanks.

As for my panda quip.

Living in the DC region means we hear a lot about the panda bears at the National Zoo. And this week's news has been that one of the pandas seems to have had a pseudo-pregnancy. Meaning she was exhibiting all the signs of being pregnant, but after an ultra-sound the doctors have not found a fetus.

I'm kind of feeling like Mei Xiang these days. NOTE-- I really do not intend for this blog to become a chronicle of my monthly cycles, just bear with me for today. If you're not up for it, come back next post when I'm not talking pregnancy and TTC.

At the very least you've been warned.

Last week, I was exhausted. I could have napped every day. Twice. And I was also smell-sensitive. Every new smell turned my stomach--even good odors smelled off. I gave up eating pizza in New Jersey because the mushrooms smelled funny. That's serious y'all! The only time I have ever been so nose-sensitive was when I was preggers with my three guys. Then this week, I was late. And I'm not usually late. So you could see why I was genuinely thinking, "Maybe this month is 'it'?"

Or not.

Apparently I was on the same course as the Panda.

Not pregnant. Not expecting a baby on January 27,2009 (Yes, I looked up the due date calculator...I was a day late and up too late...sad I know).

But you know, in the end, I know how to react to one pink line. I've seen many, many more of those than the two pink lines on the stick.

And as excited as I was for the few days I thought "it" was possible, even likely, I'm ok with my status. Each month, a new chance, a new possiblilty. Three really awesome boys to remind me how blessed I am. And the realization that my body is not betryaing me. More about that in my next post.

At the very least, a good chuckle about sharing my ttc struggles with a panda!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

and more hugs.

going to the IHM Conference? I'm going on Friday.

tania said...

wow, hugs to you- and the panda!

Andrea said...

Hi Denise! I've just caught up on your blog...and what a place to start! I soooo remember holding Darrin when he was newborn and it made ME cry to hold a baby becasue we WERE officially done (fixed and everything) You are young--girlfriend--please no worries! God has plans--whether they are your plans or not! I miss you and boys so much...I wish you were close! I started my own blog just last week...it's fun to do. Check it out. gleich4.blogspot.com

hugs and kisses to you and the fam! xoxo-A