Wednesday, February 04, 2009

It must be February

cause I'm buried in taxes and laundry.

Just livin' the dream.

Seriously, though, all is well here. It would be better if I was a more organized home-manager, filing person, but once I dig out all the tax papers things will be okey-dokey.

For now though, I'm trying to figure out doing our taxes as a rental property owner (that's a new one for us) and a teeny-tiny business owner...both of which lost money last year. Which is ok. I think.

It's a good thing I have til April to get it all done.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

just be sure you keep track of every dollar you spend on home repairs to the rental property, which will offset your income.

Denise said...

I'm doing that so far...what I'm having a hard time figuring out is how to show that the money we brought in wasn't actually a profit since we rented it for less than we pay on the mortgage. Any ideas or suggestions? I just started tackling turbo tax last night, so I'm sure it will eventually make sense, but I'll take any help I can get!