Thursday, March 19, 2009

Five good things for today

1. I've rearranged my office furniture. Moving stuff around always makes me happy.

2. I went to Costco with a friend today. I haven't been to a Costco since we lived in Washington state. It was damp and rainy out and I could have sworn I was in Silverdale.

3. March Madness has begun. Right now Tres is on top of the family brackets and loving that he has picked better than Daddy. Of course since he a #10 ranked team in the final four, my guess is that he should enjoy his reign at the top while it lasts.

4. I just heard about Paperbackswap. Go here and read all about it. Sounds like a very cool way to trade out books. I do most of my reading from the library, but I'm not as impressed with the libraries here as I've been in other places. This sounds like a very thrifty way to buy and share books without having to wait on hold lists at the library. Thanks to Nicole for sharing the idea.

5. March Madness. Oh, did I mention that already? Well....these next four days are some of my favorite of the whole year...so it's worth two entries. But since I said I'd mention five things, I'll bring up my running. I'm up to 3 miles which is more than I ever thought possible. I've tossed around the idea of running a longer distance race, but for now, I'm really excited about my first 5K coming up at the end of April.

How about you? Any good things for today??

3 comments:

elizabeth (beth) bermani said...

Cool, I will have to look into the paperback trade thingy. The library here is pretty sad. Once, I returned a book and the person at the desk (I think it was support staff and not an actual librarian) instantly got up and re-shelved the book. I have never seen that done, ever. I am working on my MLIS now and hoped to work or intern at the base library, but that doesn’t seem likely as it is so small and un-used. Kitsap and Snohomish counties had AWESOME libraries!!

nicole said...

Yea for running! Keep it up. You'll do great at your 5K and I bet it will motivate you to try a longer distance.

tania said...

wow great job with the running, denise! i used to do it in WA and got up to that three mile point. it feels SO good. i haven't gotten back to it yet, though. good for you!!