Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yikes

You'd think I'd write about the inauguration, but after being immersed in the DC scene for the whole weekend, I'm spent. Maybe I'll look back and offer my two cents, maybe I won't. Either way, I'm very proud of our country even though it was not my candidate sworn in this week. That and I thought that poem written for the event was way better when I read it than when I heard it during the ceremony.

But what I really want to talk about is that overwhelming feeling I have right now. The uh-oh, oh no feeling that comes when my basement is trashed, my office is an avalance of papers and my floors need to be swept. That overwhelming feeling that threatens to send me into hiding when I have a childbirth class to prepare for, basketball practice tonight and playgroup coming over in two hours. Suffice it to say, that the fact that I'm still sitting in my jammies is a bad sign.

I need a shot of caffeine, some kickin' music and a big dose of energy to get things done around here.

Wish me luck. Better yet, say a prayer for me!

1 comment:

Angoraknitter said...

Oh, Michelle sent me, since I'm moving to the area, and have been following her blog for a couple years...yikes. Anyhow, she said I might find your blog interesting since you're also in the area.

And you mentioned child birth class. I'm guessing you teach them? Now, I'm all ears!